before:
after:
I fit into my mama's wedding dress!
I am officially under 130lbs! It took a year and half of intense calorie counting/running but I finally reached my goal and I couldn't be more thrilled!! I started my journey at 180lbs. I was unhappy and very un-athletic! I enjoyed eating and watching TV on my butt. I didn't know how to run or portion control. But James loved me for who I was so I was determined to love myself also. Too bad, I didn't. I really wasn't happy. My jeans were tight and most of my clothes looked horrible on me. I didn't like a belly. I was a size 10 (which NOTHING is wrong with a size 10.. it could have been much bigger!!) but I knew I could be smaller. And we were sitting at the table one night with James' cousins and they were all talking about losing weight by calorie counting with this new app. I was eating a brownie. Needless to say, I decided I needed a change. I started the next day. I was disgusted at the weight I saw on the scale and set a goal of 50lbs to shed. I didn't care how long it took, I just wanted it gone. At first, it came off slowly. Like, SUPER slow. I think I was expecting immediate results and that was not the case. Oh, and I was starving! I was only allowed 1200 calories per day. For someone who can eat a lot more than that (in one sitting mind you), I was starving. But then I learned how to eat better and be full. And the weight started coming off and before I knew it, I had lost 10lbs! I was thrilled!!! I knew my main goal of 50lbs was doable but a long way off, so I set little goals. At 170, I didn't want to see that number again and aimed for 165. Every 5lbs was another goal and another victory. Eventually, I needed to buy new pants. I remember walking out with size 8s! Such a fun feeling. And before long, I was into a size 6. I can't tell you the last time I wore a 6! The weight continued to slowly fall off. I learned to run and I ran my 1st race (4K) last year with my friend Tina, and my second race (5K) on my birthday with James. New goal: Half marathon by next year. I've got two in mind.. just have to decide which I want to sign up for. A few months ago, my size 6's were getting too big so I needed to buy new pants again! (First world problems, I know). I walked into Old Navy (because who doesn't love ON jeans!?) looking for some 4's and walked out with 2's. Y'all. That. Doesn't. Happen! To be honest, I was really happy in a size 6. But a size 2.. it's just a bonus. Seriously. Bonus points. Since then, I finally shed the remaining few pounds and I am currently sitting around 128lbs. I want to be in a safe zone between 125-130lbs. Realistically, I don't need to be any smaller and honestly, I'm in a good place. Yeah, I wish my stomach was a little flatter and my boobs would shrink a little but to see how far I've come.. I'm happy. And I proved that it's doable. No secret diet. I still ate what I wanted. I ate bread. I ate ice cream. I ate pizza. I just didn't eat as much. I never denied myself anything that I wanted. Never. I just learned portion control. And exercise was extra. Yes, I learned to run, but I started with walking. I am still not a good runner (ask my neighbor Cody.. hilarious!) but I'm learning and I know I can get better. No magic pill. No magic diet. Just lots of sweat and hard work and self control.
*Side note: now that I have reached my goal, I'm starting to have body image issues. I mentioned that I set little goals within my large goal.. once I hit my final goal, I didn't know how to stop, exactly. I've proven that I know how to lose weight. I don't know how to maintain yet. I'm going to start toning (next week) and pick up my running but my newest challenge is accepting that I don't need to lose any more weight. And I say challenge because that's exactly what it is. A big one. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Bear with me.. it could be a while but I'll figure it out.
PS: if you have any questions, please ask me. anything. i'm an open book!!
ljk
No comments:
Post a Comment