Saturday, January 17, 2015

#day14

Two weeks. I've survived two weeks without James. And I'm still standing. Y'all, it's been tough. Not as tough as I thought but tough none the less. James does a lot for our sweet little family and I'm really ready for him to come home. The kids are ready for him to come home. They miss Daddy. I've been keeping us super busy to keep our minds off of things and that seems to be working some. I'm so thankful for sweet Godly men in my children's lives who love on them and play around with them, especially now when they are kind of down. And I am thankful for precious friends in my life who do life with me. 

Heather: My precious, spunky, fun, loving, fellow Army wife friend. Her family is the reason we are in this to begin with. We haven't been close for a super long time but gosh, I can't imagine life without her. Or her family. Her hubs, Jeff, is one of James' best friends and they have both been so supportive throughout this entire process. And their children.. Landon, Logan and Grace. Precious, sweet children. And they LOVE my boys. Love them. They play with them and help them and just hang out with them. Owen is completely obsessed with Logan. OBSESSED! But for real, those children are such a blessing. (Landon is still convinced he can teach Owen how to tie his shoes!!) 
Michelle: My partner in crime. My bestie. My neighbor. My sister. I cry on her shoulder a couple of times each week (even before James left). And she doesn't seem to mind one bit. I don't let a lot of people see me cry (I am an UGLY crier) but she's one that has probably seen me cry as much as James has and we haven't been close that super long either. Like, we are talking, we met in September! And boom, we're besties! I absolutely adore her children and husband. James and Dan were just getting to know each other a little better before James left. I'm hoping they can pick up where they left off when he gets back in June. And the littles.. are darling. They play with my kids and treat them as though they were all brothers. Which I love. And the boys love. No sugar coating in that family. They tell it like it is. And then there's Cody.. my kids ADORE him and he loves them right back. He's so good with them and they eat it up. I am thankful for his friendship throughout this whole thing too.. he keeps me young!! 
Baylee: Precious, sweet girl. Mickie (her man) is headed to Korea in the Air Force in March. She's a fellow Army girl who has been around the block. A little different experience than Heather's as she isn't married yet but still, her encouragement is awesome and I treasure her friendship! And she texts me at 12:30am when I need it the most!
Parker: Hilarious! Although she's still in high school.. she is wise beyond her years. She sends scripture and I love it. And her! She's fantastic.
Molly: See above! She is awesome and spunky. Love her sweet encouraging words especially on rough mornings. 
Eliana: Beautiful, fun, quiet, sweet, TALL friend. I've known the girl 12 years and she has turned into a beautiful young woman, inside and out. Y'all, she is great. She also is great about sending scripture that the Lord lays on her heart. 
Bekah: LOVE this girl. Honestly haven't seen her in forever.. and we literally live next door to each other.. but she checks on me often and I love that. I miss her tremendously and can't wait until summer when we can sit in my driveway and tan :)
Piper: My precious babysitter/mama friend. She is graciously keeping Peyton for me while I work during the week. She has 3 darlings of her own, yet loves on Peyton so much and understands when he gets sad and a little grumpy. She even has reward dinosaurs for him if he's good. So thankful for the blessing that she is to our family.
Josh: He checks on me almost every day which is awesome. And I know he's just a phone call away (or I can walk next door.. if he's home lol)
Gwynn: My precious, cancer surviving warrior friend. She prays for me and thinks of my family often. I am so grateful for her love and compassion even when she's going through crap.
Courtni: Wrestling mama. She's feisty and awesome. She's tough and strong! The Lord is going to use her in a powerful way. I am thankful for her courage and tenacity. 

And then there's family.. family is awesome and I am so so thankful. My in-laws and parents kept the kids last weekend while I went to Co's wrestling out in Pittsboro. And my MIL has invited us for dinner one night a week which has been fun. No cooking for me! Mom is always great.. she's watching Peyton on Fridays for me so I don't have to pay my babysitter. James' aunt and uncle text me every other day "just to check." It makes me feel loved. Oh, and we're going to the circus with them in a few weeks.. STOKED!! It's nice to know someone's got my back if I need them. 

The Lord has been so gracious to me this year. He has allowed so many friendships to develop and thrive in such a short period of time. We started Faith a year and a half ago and all of the folks I've mentioned, minus my neighbors, are from there. And all of them are my best friends! I've gotten to know them and their families and everyone has welcomed us with open arms. I am the most blessed girl in the world. Yeah, my husband is gone and we are all sad about it, but I am thriving in my relationships with friends and most importantly, Jesus. I'm learning to lean on him for my strength. He sustains me daily. 

Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Psalm 105:4

Never abandon a friend-either yours or your father's. Then in your time of need, you won't have to ask your relatives for assistance. It is better to go to a neighbor than to a relative who lives far away. Proverbs 27:10

The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.
Proverbs 27:9

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all  he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4: 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment