So the week after that super awesome week where the Lord really showed us his hand, we had some major set backs. It started with James finding out that he needed to lose 20-30 lbs to even think of officially joining the NG. For reals? While we were super bummed, we saw God saying, "wait for now," not "NO." So we waited. James was convinced some super cool job was going to come up later on that he wouldn't be able to get if he had joined early. I was convinced someone would die and James wouldn't be able to go to the funeral while away at basic. We went with his less-morbid option. Next up, James was bitten by a tick and contracted Lyme's Disease. Gross. We went to urgent care where they didn't have to even run any tests to confirm (the big bull's eye on his ankle did the trick), and they put him on antibiotics immediately. They, of course, made him sick as a dog. Real cool when you're trying to join the military. To finish up our fun week, James was going to meet me somewhere and when he put the car in drive, something snapped and it wouldn't shift. He was convinced it was the transmission. In case you aren't a car person, transmissions cost like $1000s of dollars, which we definitely don't have sitting around. For reals! We had this super awesome week and now everything is turning upside down. I was convinced that Satan was just bothering us because we were heading in the right path. So in intended to keep a good attitude throughout the entire thing. I refused to let this get me down. I still believed we were doing what the Lord wanted. I just didn't see an end yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment