We have officially been at Faith for one year! I remember before we switched last year, hoping we would find a new family and get to know some people at Faith. I remember being terrified to leave PBC. I remember walking in that first day and knowing one other family and that was it. I remember being nervous that we weren't going to make friends or that it would take a long time. I remember hoping that we would belong someday. I remember the smiles and not knowing any of the songs (turns out, our music director writes most of them himself). And I remember feeling like we made a good decision.
I am SO glad we made that decision. We are so close to church. We are involved in a sunday school class. We have made some INCREDIBLE friends. Our kids are involved. I got to know some pretty awesome youth this summer. I am currently teaching some fantastic 8 year old girls during the third hour. I am still involved with my women's bible study on Tuesdays. I have recently started attending the Wednesday night bible study at church (and knowing A TON of folks there!!). I've gotten to know more Faith families in our neighborhood. I've gotten a few more babysitters in my book just in case. Y'all, it's awesome to have such a fantastic family who share a common bond.
I love walking into church and seeing tons of familiar faces. I know their names and they know mine. Refreshing to say the least! I love giving hugs to so many sweet friends that I've seriously known less than a year. Recently, I met a sweet kid down the street who happens to go to Faith. He is good friends with another neighbor and happened to be walking with them one evening. Turns out, he's my newest babysitter for the kids and he's fantastic with them. I realized the day before he came over for the first time, that I'd better meet his mama (you know, so I don't look like a creeper lady down the street). As we got to talking, she told me that she's the choir director for Owen's kids' choir on Wednesday nights. Shut the front door. Talk about a God connection here. And she's precious enough to offer help with the kids when James leaves in January. We just met. Like a week ago. Blessed, y'all. For real.
My mind is not focused so I'm going to wrap this up. More to come. I love bragging on my sweet sweet friends.
ljh
No comments:
Post a Comment