James and I ran our first 5K on my birthday! Hollar! I've been on this exercising kick for a year now and have lost 36lbs (only 10ish more to go). I've taken up running (jogging with walking in between) and have decided to start racing (to finish, not to win). I ran my first 4K (yes, that's a real thing) with my friend Tina a few months ago and had a lot of fun. I'm a slow runner but like I said, the point is to finish, not to win (at least for me). I asked James if he'd run a 5K with me and he said YES! My next goal is a 10K in September and half marathon by the end of the year or early next year. Go me! For real though, we were talking in Bible study the other week about God giving us our talents and strength and that nothing we do is of our own power. I like to give myself a lot of credit for my weight loss (I've worked really hard to get to where I am), but when I sit and think about it, God's the one who deserves all of the glory. He gave me my working legs and energy to get out there and learn to run. He's given me the determination to get it done. He's allowed my body to respond and lose the extra weight I've been carrying around for far too long. One day, I am determined to enjoy running. So far, not so much. But I do enjoy being healthy and in shape for the first time in my life. And I am so thankful for a sweet husband who has been more than supportive. Still can't believe I talked him into running with me! On to the 10K!



No comments:
Post a Comment